Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Just Bitching'

Okay, I've tried to keep this thing mainly rant free, but I'm warning anyone who actually reads this shit that it's 2:30 AM and this is going to be a rant.

Alright, where to fucking begin.

Drama. That's a good spot. I hate drama, yet despite my best efforts others have placed me in a situation where I exacerbate the situation regardless of what I do. This pisses me off. In fact, I'm moderately pissed off at a lot of things right now, and the aforementioned situation just kinda brought it all to a boiling point. Damnit, there's no way this is going to be coherent. Alright, since at best there's one person who reads this who's gonna know who I'm referring to, here's a no-name recap.

Two of my good friends recently broke-up. It wasn't too much of a surprise, but they're both well entrenched in one of my friends' circles. Orignially this looked like no biggie, since they were still able to hang out, but that didn't work and there's been tension. Fast forward.

The female half asks if I'm going to Duluth for the 4th, and if so if she can go along. Sounds fun, but (and I'll get to this) but also a warning sign. I say that it'd be great, and that we should get a bunch of people. She's fine with this, but is concerned about being around her ex. She knows damned well he's gonna be invited, and says that it wont' be a problem as long as there are enough other people going. I try my best, and it looks like it's gonna be a bit of a crew.

Skipping some extraneous drama, fast forward to her e-mailing me saying she won't be going. I ask why, prepped for the "I'm not going if he's going." What I'm not prepped for is the "I won't be able to deal with the crush I have on (me) and another friend of ours!" WTF!

Okay, a few things:

1.) No huge surprise. She'd out-ed her crush to the other guy before dating her ex, and the one one me had been all but spelled out a few times before (we both passed, basically under the "she's hot, but not hot enough to make up for that kinda crazy"). Keep in mind, I still think she's a good person, but a horrible person to be in a relationship with.

2.) She knew from the start the parties involved, so pulling this is bullshit.

3.) We all develop crushes on people we "shouldn't". However, as unromantic as this may be, you need to have a little look at reality. Doing stuff like this causes major drama. The level that you lose friends over if it goes wrong. I'd understand if you really thought that they were the one for you, but if you're not damned sure, or if it's not a helluva lot more than "a crush," then you need to just buck up and deal with it. Especially if it's not even just one crush, but multiple!

In summary, I'm pissed because I feel I'm being put in an unfair position because someone can't deal with their feelings like an adult. There's no way I'm going to be able to untangle my thoughts on this much further (at least at this hour), but this is one of those situations where you need to say to yourself "I'd love to, but it just ain't in the cards," sigh a couple times, and move one.

Meh. I suppose that it just goes to show that for some people, high school never ends.

No comments: