Friday, September 21, 2007

Of all the things I've lost...

...the last 10lbs has been the best. That's right, two weeks in the gym and I've managed to get rid of 5lbs a week. This puts me a full 1/4 of the way to my "goal," which is giving me great hopes of exceeding it. Of course, this week's been a bit lax on the diet I've been trying to keep. I've been drinking more than usual, and while my eating out has been sushi and almost-all-veggies stir-fry, I need to watch it. While I don't actually expect to be able to lose 5lbs a week for 16 weeks (losing 90lbs would be a bit extreme), that's no reason to NOT try for it.

I've been a lot better at going to the gym than I expected. I took Monday off as a rest day, and Tuesday I missed because I did just about everything BUT rest on Monday and needed to get sleep somewhere. Because I wanted to at least keep up with my schedule I went twice on Wednesday, and between the two sessions burned nearly 2000 calories between some light weights and almost 2 1/2 hours on the elliptical machine. My calorie goal has been steadily climbing, but at this rate I'll burn a steady 5000+ calories a week. Now I just need to make sure that I'm not sitting around on my ass.

I've been playing some more disc golf lately as well. It started out pretty well, with my putting really seeming to have improved. Of course, that was short lived, and my last few rounds have been downright miserable. It doesn't help that I can go to the gym for an hour and half and be fine, but playing disc golf for an hour makes my knee hurt like hell. But on the upside, my drives have been improving.

Oh well, gonna be a busy one today, and I'm looking forward to watching the Twins rock the ChiSux. After all, it's been a while since I've put on my warpaint...

No comments: