Monday, February 26, 2007

William O'Brien

Since I have Mondays open after 9 am (when I'm done at the radio) and before 8 pm (Heroes), I headed out today to walk around William O'Brien State Park. It's pretty close to the cities, and I'd never been there before so I figured, "why not?" Unfortunately, most of the trail have been dedicated as ski-only, which left me only one short hike option. It was easy difficulty, too, which is always a downer. Trails in Minnesota state parks are so damned short that you usually don't get enough out of 'em unless they're "very difficult," and that's usually a very generous rating. Anyhoo, here's some pics.
This first one, while an otherwise unimpressive picture, is notable because this thieving little twig tried to steal my camera. As I walked by it snagged onto the wrist loop of my camera an lifted it out of my pocket. I didn't realize until about 30' later when I saw something else I wanted to take a picture of. It was funny because it was just hanging there like someone had put it there on purpose. Stupid twig.

This one is shortly after the twigging...

And I think we can all sympathize with this squirrel I saw, desperately trying to find his nuts...

No comments: