Friday, February 2, 2007

4 The Love of the Game

It's official, and I'm ecstatic- FAVRE'S COMING BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd tried to put the issue out of my mind, because it was worse than waiting for Christmas (not that any holiday's really that big to me). Just not knowing if the only player I root for as a player in and of himself (and I happened to luck out that he joined my fav team early on) was coming back was nerve wracking. But, he's back, and now he's gonna break damned near EVERY QB record there is (so what if that includes interceptions). And best of all- I have a second chance.

You see, I've never been to Lambeau. I've never had a way to get tickets, and I've never had someone to go with. Well, my little sejour to the coast has taught me that I may prefer to travel with someone else, I'd never go anywhere if I waited for that to happen. So, I hereby declare that this is my Year of Lambeau. I don't know which game it's going to be, but I'm going to one. I'd like to see them whoop the Vikes in Green Bay, but I'm also hoping that they'll have a Saturday game the 22nd of December (my birthday). Should the stars align and all of the above combines, I may explode.

I figure that between scalped tickets, gas, motel (if I travel with company) and extras it's gonna cost me a couple hundred bucks, but I'll be damned if it won't be worth it. Who knows, maybe I can bring Wendy's dad to the 50 yard line...(if you don't get that last part, don't feel bad- if you do, don't let Wendy hurt me).

No comments: