Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Salvation(?)

Well, Hellboy is now on hold. Went up to Megan and Nick's last night (where we had this sweet and easy to make taco salad- totally stealing that idea) and Meg told me that the cosplay convention was sold out. Finding out that the tickets alone were $50, I don't feel too terrible about that. In addition to saving money, it'll give me a lot more time to get the costume quirks worked out (matching dyes to skin, how to affix things, feet or hooves).

The duster irks me, though. I ordered online from this place in Texas, where the duster would still be cheaper with expedited shipping than anywhere else I'd found. Now, it turns out that the extra $10 I paid wasn't necessary. Oh, but it gets better. I'm paying $17 for 2 day air shipping- from Eagan. I could've driven to their damned distribution center in half an hour, saved the money, and had the damned coat the same day.

Anyhow, this'll give me a chance to document my progress and update it in here. The bonus of doing it that way is that any of you who are bored enough to actually read this can give me some damned feedback on how it's going. But yeah, more on that later.

No comments: