Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Progress in Hell

The Hellboy costume isn't coming along too quickly, but I do have some promising results on the Right Hand of Doom. I'd been stumped as to how the heck I was going to get a red color to stay on the fabric of the old hockey/lacrosse glove I'm using. Well, for shits and giggles I decided just to try the face paint that I'm going to use to get my skin color. Damned if it doesn't work. It's thick enough to fill the pores of the fabric with the first coat, and a second coat give a solid look that's definitely red but with a nice rough texture. It coats both the blue and white fabric equally well. It's gonna take a ton of it to get the job done, and I'll probably still have to figure out some way to seal it on there (I'm really tempted to try that spray on glue, but that could go terribly awry). Still, it makes me happy, since that was the biggest obstacle I was facing. For other parts of it, it looks like I'm going to have to print an iron on patch for the BPRD emblem, and I'm thinking of cannibalizing the clown shoes I used for my Sideshow Bob costume. That may come down to how well they take a coat of black spray paint.

No comments: